HamTestOnline™ Prices and Discounts
We cost about the same as books and deliver a lot more value, including a 100% money-back guarantee!
||NEW Technician Class study course (2-year subscription)
(for the question pool effective July 1, 2018 - June 30, 2022)
||General Class study course (2-year subscription)
(for the question pool effective July 1, 2015 - June 30, 2019)
(will include the 2019 pool when it becomes available)
||Extra Class study course (2-year subscription)
(for the question pool effective July 1, 2016 - June 30, 2020)
(will include the 2020 pool when it becomes available)
||Renew all previously-purchased courses (for 2 more years)
- All courses are sold separately. Each course covers one single exam. If you want to pass multiple exams, you should purchase multiple courses.
- If a question pool changes during your subscription term, you automatically also get the new question pool, at no additional cost. We load new question pools and update the courses on the system at least two months before they go into effect, giving you plenty of time to prepare. During the transition period, students can freely switch between the old and new pools.
- A renewal gives you two more years on all courses you have ever purchased from us (on the same account). The renewal period starts on the date you renew, not when your previous subscription expired. (You don't pay for the gap.)
- Purchasing any new course "resets the clock" and gives you 2 more years on all previously-purchased courses (on the same account). For example, instead of renewing the Technician course for $24.95, you could subscribe to the General course for $29.95 and get full access to both courses for 2 years.
We do not give partial refunds or credit for any time remaining on your subscription after you pass the exam. Our goal is to get you the license. If we meet that goal, no matter how long or short your studies, then we delivered.
- We have discontinued sales of the Canadian courses. Click here for details.
- Prices quoted are in U.S. dollars, and all payments must in U.S. funds.
- All subscriptions apply to one person only. You cannot share your account or subscriptions.
- You must take the actual exam in person at a volunteer exam session. The price for the course does not include the fee for taking the exam. Most volunteer examiner teams charge $15 per session, regardless of how many exams you take during the session. Thousands of our students have saved money on exam session fees by taking more than one course in a single sitting.
Click to see how active volunteer examiners can get the Extra course for free!
We offer our highest discounts on our Technician course, helping you give the gift of ham radio. Our Ham It Forward™ program gives you a 20% discount on Technician courses ($19.95 each) when you order 5 or more Technician courses in a single transaction. Click here for more information.
Quantity discounts for our other courses start when you purchase 10 or more courses together in a single transaction:
|Total number of courses
These discounts cannot be combined with any other discounts.
You have three delivery options for bulk purchases:
- The default delivery method is for us to send you instructions and subscription codes by email, which you can distribute to your students. We do not charge shipping and handling for this delivery method.
- Our subscription cards are about the size of a standard business card, and contain a subscription code to give access to the courses purchased. There is a flat $8.00 shipping and handling charge for any number of subscription cards in a single order sent to the same postal address.
- Our shrink-wrap product is a piece of cardboard sandwiched between two sheets of paper, all shrink-wrapped together, which gives a more substantial feel than the subscription cards. They have a subscription code under a peel-off sticker to give access to the course purchased. These would be ideal for door prizes or gifts under a Christmas tree. We charge a $10.00 shipping and handling fee for the first shrink-wrap product, and $2.00 for each additional one in the same order sent to the same postal address.
How to order discounted courses
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating how many of each course you want to order.
- We will email you an invoice for the requested courses, including all appropriate discounts:
- Ham It Forward™ discounts on Technician courses apply when your order includes 5 or more Technician courses.
- Quantity discounts on the General and Extra courses apply when your order includes 10 or more total courses.
- Once we receive payment notification for the invoice, we will email you the instructions and subscription codes, which you can distribute to your students.